Move Out Instructions
- Notify all utility companies.
- Put in "Change of Address" with the Post Office
- Return your keys to Walters Home Management and leave us with your forwarding address for deposit disbursement.
It is your obligation to leave the residence in a clean and rentable condition. All of these areas are a condition for having a security deposit and/or portions thereof returned:
- Walls and ceiling must be washed and all marks removed.
- Carpets must be vacuumed and professionally shampooed by a truck-mounted steam cleaniner ONLY (keep receipt and provide to the Property Manager).
- Blinds must be cleaned and drapes must be cleaned by a reliable laundry or drapery service (DO NOT MACHINE WASH DRAPES).
- Windows, mullions, and tracks must be washed.
- Light fixtures, door knobs, and all household hardware must be cleaned.
- All tile, vinyl and wood floors must be cleaned.
- Storage areas must be cleared out and cleaned.
- All closets are to be cleaned including the walls inside the closet.
- Balcony, porch, or lanai must be cleared and cleaned
- Make any necessary repairs of drywall damage not noted in "move-in walk through" such as nail/tack holes etc.
- All vents need to be cleaned and vacuumed
- Refrigerator must be defrosted and cleaned and turned to low.
- Range must have the oven pans, broiler pans (if provided) and shelves cleaned.
- Hood and exhaust fans must be cleaned.
- Dishwasher must be cleaned and in operating order
- Cabinets must have all contact paper (if applied) and goods removed and shelves cleaned.
- Floor and container under refrigerator (if there is one) must be cleaned
- Disposal must be flushed out.
- Tile, grout and vinyl must be washed (especially around shower/tub/toilet) and all mildew must be removed.
- Medicine cabinet must be cleaned including mirror and shelves.
- Tub, basin, showers and toilets must be cleaned thoroughly.
- All cabinets must be cleaned.
BEDROOM, LIVING AND DINING ROOM AREAS
- Walls cleaned and marks removed
- Windows, mullions and tracks cleaned
- Carpets professionally shampooed (keep receipt and provide to the Property Manager)
- Light fixtures and base boards (including heaters) cleaned and dusted.
- Lawn must be mowed and edged.
- Yard must be raked and free of fallen leaves.
- All beds must be free of weeds.
Walters Home Management16516 Bernardo Center Dr, Suite 200
San Diego, CA 92128
Ph: (858) 675-9515
Fax: (858) 675-7457